Mahua Kothi Jungle Lodge
Mahua Kothi, a luxury resort situated at the boundaries of the Bandhavgarh National Park, is just a few minutes away from the Tala gate.
An ideal accommodation for unfeigned jungle retreat blended with a touch of supreme luxury, the Taj Safaris Mahua Kothi Jungle Lodge is an ideal place to spend an unwinding vacation away from the hustle bustle of busy urban life. The name Mahua Kothi comes from the word ‘Mahua’, a tree which is known for white intense fragrant flowers that are used for holy purposes too in our country.
The luxury resort which was previously known as Churhat Kothi is situated close to the Tala gate within the boundaries of Bandhavgarh National Park.
The previous structure has been renovated completely and the new look is simply glamorous. The interiors of the accommodation have been done magnificently with Indian handicrafts. With comfort and composure at supreme levels, the resort offers home away from home experience to all its guests.
Glimpses of Tigers, which are known to be in highest density at this park, are just a few minutes away! Another prominent attraction for which this luxury resort is popular among leisure travelers are the game safaris organized here.
- Swimming pool
- Facilities for differently abled
- Open terrace restaurant
- Traditional folk dance and music performances in restaurant every evening
- Bar with an exclusive collection of wines and cocktails
- Ayurvedic massage in room on request
- Medical help on call
- Game of marbles
- Baby-sitting on request
- Jungle safari in a 4X4 comfortable jeep with an experienced and knowledgeable guide. Being the most dense tiger reserve of the country, this forest offers lots of other variety of wildlife to be seen, so just keep your binoculars handy.
- Relish the breakfast in a unique style served on bullock carts in the backyard of the village house.
- Walk around the natural surroundings of the resort with a naturalist cum guide who will take you through the splendors of nature which otherwise go unnoticed.
- Enjoy picnic lunches under the soothing shade of Mahua tree.
- Star gazing and Hukkah evenings- This is something not to be missed while you plan a stay at this jungle resort. Sit on the kothi’s terrace enjoying an aromatic hukkah while gazing at the clear and star studded sky.
- Savor freshly prepared lip smacking dinner under a mahua tree sitting around a bonfire. The special mahua martini prepared from the flowers of this tree is also a must try.
- Visit a nearby village to watch the village life closely and also learn about the community development initiatives undertaken by the lodge.
Featuring 12 winsome lavishly spruced up cottage suites called by the name of ‘Kutiya’ which is a Hindi word for cottage; this resort equips each and every one of them with world-class luxurious amenities. Air conditioner, intercom, in-room safe, en-suite bathrooms with latest state-of-the-art functions, mini bar, yoga amenities, fireplace, private verandah with outside views and a lot more is provided for the convenient and pleasant stay of guests. Each suite has a private courtyard with mud flooring in the anterior which gives it an indigenous look!