Shergarh Tented Camp
Shergarh Tented Camp is recommended as one of India’s “Top 5 Special Places to Stay” by RoughGuides
For someone who is desirous of spending some quality time in nature’s lap, amidst authentically rustic ambience, trying out new adventures and activities, having healthy and finger licking food and yet not compromise on a modern city’s luxuries and amenities, Shergarh is the perfect place to be at! Thriving close to Kanha Tiger Reserve, it is a fascinating place which has been and will continue to enthrall all its guests to infinity.
Hardly 3 kms from the Mukki entrance of the renowned wildlife reserve, Shergarh is a tented camp which features 6 superbly lavish tents.
And not just tents but the whole property is very well conceptualized. The camp houses a private water reservoir which stays full all round the year, all thanks to natural springs. Bird lovers can have a great time here watching a huge variety of birds such as kingfishers, cormorants and even egrets which breed here seasonally.
Main house serves as the dining area where guests can enjoy sumptuous Indian and Continental food, most of the ingredients for which are supplied by the kitchen garden. Fish comes fresh from the lake in the resort.
- Internet access in the Main House
- Library with collection of books on wildlife, Indian fiction and others
- Mountain bikes for all ages available for free
- Souvenir Shop
- CD burning of digital images
- Kitchen garden
- Open-jeep safari – Happening two times in a day, guided by most seasoned naturalists, the open jeep safari is the best way to explore the wildlife of the jungle. Enjoy as many of them as you want and who knows when you get a chance to spot that striped feline. After all, that is the major objective to holidaying around a tiger reserve!
- Full day photographer’s safari – By prior booking a full day photographer’s permit can be obtained and tourists can enjoy jungle safari for the whole day. Guests can choose between this full day safari in jeep and 3 hours elephant safari since both need the same permit.
- One hour elephant safari – Call it a long joyride or a short jungle safari. Ride an elephant and roam through the wildlife reserve exploring the flora and fauna.
- Bicycle ride – Ride a bicycle readily available at the resort and unravel the typical rural landscapes of a nearby village.
- Nature walk – Enjoy a walk through the Sal forest and along the Banjaar River. Watch the birds and revel in nature’s bounty. Well! Some people have even caught glimpses of wilds or their footprints on these trails.
- Visit weekly markets nearby – There are a number of weekly bazaars organized in the surrounding villages and visiting them can be a treat. In fact, one can also grab some most authentic stuff from here and present them to family and friends as souvenirs from their vacation.
- Village visits – Nearby countryside mostly inhabits people of Gond and Baiga tribes. Visit the village to witness their true lifestyle and culture.
Luxury tent camps
The resort features 6 canvas crafted luxury tent camps having a huge verandah, a big bedroom, space for luggage storage and hanging and attached bathrooms. The furnishings are handpicked and locally crafted while the beds are large, cozy and soft. Bathrooms have all requisite toiletries and hot/cold shower. All the material used in crafting the tents has been handmade locally and is totally environment friendly.