Diphlu River Lodge
Diphlu River Lodge is the 2nd best Wildlife Resort in India – Lonely Planet Travel Awards 2013
Fascinated by the lifestyle of tribals, many of you would have wanted to have an authentic sneak peek into their lives without creating any disturbances for them. Well! That’s only a bonus at the award-winning Diphlu River Lodge, the prime attractions being even more enticing. Riverside accommodation which looks rugged from outside but pleasant from inside, proximity to Kaziranga National Park, close observation of domestic elephants and their importance in lives of locals, chance to visit tea and rubber plantations and feel the heavenly weather!
These are all the vital reasons that you should waste no time in planning your sojourn to this captivating resort.
The Machan high above the river accommodates a sitting and dining area which open into typically idyllic large verandahs with bamboo floors and thatched ceilings. The views of surroundings and the Diphlu River which separates the resort and Kaziranga National Park are simply to die for! Kaziranga National Park is the abode of a huge variety of wildlife, one-horned rhino being found here in largest numbers through the world.
- Travel desk
- Transfers to/from airport and railway station
- Machan with sitting and dining area
- Restaurant serving Continental, Assamese and North Indian cuisine
- Jungle safari in company of an English speaking expert guide who takes you through the best routes in the jungle. Catch some glimpses of the wilds on your way.
- Dolphin Boat safari in the Diphlu river to watch rare and endangered Dolphins
- Brahmaputra Day cruise – Sail through the playful Brahmaputra river and see the unspoiled landscapes beautifying the entire setting.
- Elephant bathing – Watch and even try your hand at bathing the majestic Indian elephant in the Diphlu river. Don’t be scared as these are the domestic types.
- Village visit – Happen to be at a close-by village to watch closely what tribal life actually looks like thriving in these rural lands in this modern era!
- Visit to tea gardens – Being at the land that is world renowned for its tea, how can you miss to be at one of the plantations!
- Rubber Plantation Walk – Take a short guided tour to rubber plantations and productions units. These plantations are scenically even more mesmerizing than you would have imagined.
Total 8 in number, these cottages are a delight to look at from outside and even more charming from inside. Established on a raised platform, these are made up of natural materials like bamboo and wood. Thatched roofs give the entire setting a lot more authentic look which gels well with the surroundings. The air-conditioned cottages are equipped all necessary and luxury amenities. The snug bed sleeps two, there is a mini-bar, tea/coffee maker, en-suite bathrooms with spacious dressing area that also contains a wardrobe. The folding glass door opens into an inviting verandah which overlooks ravishing views of the nature and surroundings.
They are 4 in number and similar to the private cottages in every manner. Complete privacy is guaranteed in these cottages too. These too have a folding glass door which opens in a verandah with amazingly comfortable sitting space. You can enjoy sitting here for hours and hours enjoying the weather and scenic beauty around.