Baghvan Jungle Lodge
Baghvan Jungle Lodge has been highlighted among the top five hotels in India on Condé Nast Traveler’s Hot List
This inviting and cozy resort has been named as Baghvan after the majestic Bengal Tiger. A luxury accommodation jointly managed by the Taj Group and &Beyond Africa, is known for a pleasing ambience, unmatched service, brilliant location, plethora of amenities and a huge variety of activities and adventures to indulge in. Tasteful interiors of the property are commendable too.
Situated close to the Turia gate of Pench National Park, Baghvan Jungle Lodge offers a great chance to enjoy glimpses of the multifarious wildlife that finds home in the sanctuary through thrilling jungle safaris.
But just in case someone misses out seeing the ‘Bagh’ (Tiger) in the ‘Van’ (Forest), the charm and ecstasy coming over to him during their stay at Baghvan makes up for that doubtlessly. Inside the premise is a nullah (a dry riverbed) which is one its most treasured natural possession. The nullah and the beautiful jungle trees in its surrounding is the most scenic location in the entire resort.
The in-house restaurant serves tempting food and the ingredients for the food prepared at the restaurant come straight from their organic kitchen garden.
- Interactive Kitchen
- Swimming pool
- In-room massage
- Room Service
- Travel Desk
- Doctor on call
- Indoor-outdoor games
- Enjoy jungle safari two times in a day to the Pench National Reserve in company of an experienced naturalist.
- Foot safari in the nullah (dry riverbed) to unravel the vistas of a traditional village – the Pachdhaar Village which has been gifted with the art of pottery.
- Visiting the nearby fruit bat nesting site could be a unique experience
- Watch the chef making or learn to make yourself, traditional and modern delicacies at the cooking lessons.
- Visit Alikatta Elephant camp, a place which has also been recognized in the Jungle Book. The once upon a time village is now a camp for elephants and their mahouts. Watch the elephants gulping chapattis each one of which weighs 1kg!
- Sleeping on a machaan overnight is something one should just not miss while staying at Baghvan. The view of forests and star lit sky from level up high is simply too good.
- Take a walk around the organic kitchen garden, select some fresh vegetables and get them added to your meals their chef prepares.
- Romantic turn down and dinner- Staying at the resort with your soulmate? No way can you miss a perfect romantic candle light dinner at the deck of your cottage is the perfect way to celebrate your love.
12 lavish, pleasantly delineated suites with a feel of 50’s feel fascinating from inside. The Jharokha compliments the brazen interiors quite well. The bedroom is commodious and airy. Attached with the rooms are separate toilet and bathroom, and an outdoor shower. Guests can climb up to the machaan above their room to experience the scintillating surroundings and cool breezes. All the modern in-room amenities come included.