Denwa Backwater Escape
Denwa Backwater Escape has been recognized as the Most Innovative Tourism Project & Best Eco-Friendly Hotel by Madhya Pradesh Tourism
Another top-notch resort by Pugdundee Safaris, Denwa Backwater Escape has been named so owing to its location which renders beguiling views of backwaters of dam constructed on Denwa River and Panchmari Hills. Cherry on the cake is added by the Satpura National Park in its close environs. In order to reach the sanctuary, one has to first take a boat ride, so the fun of jungle safari gets interweaved with the joy of a boat-ride. Satpura National Park is the natural habitat of a diverse variety of flora and fauna.
Most known animal sightings include those of sambar, wild boar, wild dogs, chital chausingha, leopards, tigers and the rarest of all- the white gaur. Marsh crocodiles and beautiful bird life are other prominent attractions of Satpura.
Countryside lifestyle has a great influence on the motif and décor of the resort. Its rustic appearance and interiors take guests further closer to nature. Locally available stuff such as baked tiles and stones has been used in the construction. The reception area and swimming pool are thoughtfully concocted with vintage furniture made up of iron and wood. The entire horizon is simply unique and well-thought.
- A team of experienced naturalists
- A restaurant overlooking Denwa River and serving delectable local, Indian and Continental Cuisine
- Room Service
- Eco-friendly Swimming Pool
- Jeep Safari to the Satpura National Park in a 4X4 open jeep guided by an expert naturalist who takes guests to the most picturesque zones of the sanctuary and assists sightings of wildlife.
- Elephant Safari to the reserve exploring the jungle while riding the majestic animal who is friendly with the forest as well as people and with whom the forest is friendly too. Kids are especially fond of this jaunt.
- Enjoy walking around the nature trails of the jungle as a naturalist from resort’s team leads you through.
- Kayaking or boat-riding in the backwaters of Denwa River.
- Cycling around the resort and exploring the well-maintained natural surroundings.
- Night Safari or Camping in the national reserve to get an authentic feel of a wildlife vacation.
Luxury Cottages and Tree Houses
The resort has 8 luxury river view cottages and 2 deluxe river view Tree Houses. All the cottages and tree houses are equipped with air conditioner, intercom, and attached bathroom with continuous hot & cold water. These are decked up pleasantly with locally made and discreetly selected handicrafts. Furnishings provided include snug king sized bed, big writing-desk, and cozy leather sofas. The cottages are provided with a private terrace where arrangement for sleeping in open-air with provisions of mosquito nets can be made.