Lion Safari Camp
The Lion Safari Camp at Sasan Gir National Park is located in midst of nature and the surroundings have been planted with mango trees, which makes one fell as if in an orchard.
Surrounded with a sublime landscape, its location is what makes an ideal retreat for all the holiday lovers who are seeking a respite from the tame and demanding life of busy cities and towns. Wonderful location, classy interiors, welcoming staff and tempting food- all that one looks out for while picking a resort or hotel for a memorable vacation can be found at the Lion Safari Camp. Situated close the Gir National Park, a unique feature this resort boasts is that it blooms amidst a mango plantation which has over 900 trees of mango. Lovely! Isn’t it?
The entire resort including the suites is skillfully decorated with use of natural and eco-friendly material. The best part about the property is its proximity to Gir National Park which is the only sanctuary housing the endangered population of Asiatic Lion in the country. Another prominent specie that can be found here is Chowsingha- four horned antelope, only one of its kind in the entire world. Other animals that inhabit the land include marsh crocodiles, Chital, Wild boar, Nilgai, Jackals and many more.
- Airport/ Railway Station transfers
- Souvenir shop
- Doctor on call
- Recreation room with indoor games, pool table, library and a television with a satellite connection.
- Open air restaurant serving Indian, Continental and Chinese Food
- Car rental
- DJ available on request
- Arrangement for fresh seafood on an advance notice of one day.
- Jungle Safari to the Gir Forest Reserve that is renowned not only through the country but the entire world for housing the endangered population of Lions. A guide who is well versed with the jungle will take you through its best zones and help you spot the wildlife thriving here.
- Picnic lunch or tea on prior request can be arranged for the guests at some nearby location that will offer you an amazing time enjoying your favorite foods amidst an authentically natural and wild jungle.
- Be it an occasion or not, a candle light dinner can be arranged in the camp upon request.
- Cultural evenings are arranged where guests can enjoy cultural performances of folk music and dance.
Nestling in the vast property are 21 luxury tents which cover merely a 2% of its land yet are so luxurious and spacious that guests savor a pleasant and comfortable stay every time they happen to be here. The tents encompass a commodious bedroom where guests can relax through days and nights, an attached bathroom where they can enjoy hot as well as cold shower and an extended deck from where they can sit relaxing for hours rejoicing the panoramic scenes of natural surroundings. In-room amenities include a television, telephone, coffee maker, air conditioner and essential toiletries in the bathroom.