Kaav Safari Lodge
KAAV Safari Lodge is an eco-friendly luxurious homestay along the very edge of the Nagarhole Wildlife Sanctuary and is a great place to stay at Kabini.
A home away from home is one feeling Kaav Safari Lodge gives to its guest with its warm and tender hospitality. It is a cradle of luxury, but at the same time it has a local touch to it which allows the guests feel as if they have embraced the local life even though staying at a luxury hotel. The calm serenity of the lodge allows the guests to feel the blissful air fleeting along with beautiful chirps of the birds.
Besides the hospitality and calm serenity of the lodge, the guests can relish their taste buds with variety of scrumptious food and beverage. The facilities provided are lavishing and the activities are something no nature lover would deny.
At Kaav Safari Lodge, guests can feel encapsulated within the wilderness yet lavishly pampered.
- Free Wi-Fi
- Common Longue
- Gift shop
- Viewing Deck
- Alfersco Dining
- Free Breakfast
- Shuttle Bus Service
- Room Service
- 24 hours front desk
- Tour Desk
- Luggage Store
- Ironing Service
- Safety Deposit Box
- BBQ facilities
- Free Parking
- Land Safari – Land Safari is a three-and-a-half-hour drive into the forest on a vehicle that gives you a eyeshot vision of beautiful flora and fauna found there. Plant eaters such as elephant, bison, sambar and bonnet macaques are easily spotted by most guests. But the sanctuary doesn’t lack predators such as tiger, black panther, leopard and wild dog which may also be spotted.
- Boat Safari – Boat Safari takes you into a three-hour long ecstasy between two great forests; Nagarhole on one side and Bandipur on the other. On this amazing boat safari, guests are likely to spot all kinds of creatures they would in land safari along with marsh crocodiles, herons and other water birds.
- Cycling – The guests can have a clear insight to village lifestyle riding along rough jungle terrains to the neighbouring villages.
- Coracle ride – Coracle is a small round boat made of plant shoots covered with a watertight material which can be propelled with a paddle. A coracle ride is far more thrilling than boat rides as it brings you closer to water and is easily manoeuvrable. It is also a better way to spot birds as it is comparatively quieter and does not disturb the water as much as other boats do.
- Nature walk – Walking with no barrier between the nature and oneself is an experience that settles deep down the heart of every nature lover. It is a wonderful opportunity for bird watchers and butterfly enthusiasts to have a glimpse of some very rare species.
- Birding – The species of birds residing within the forests are innumerable. More than 300 species of birds can be spotted here as the guests go on a safari or a walk into the forest along with the guides who are extremely knowledgeable regarding the wildlife and their activities.
Each of the rooms is tastefully designed, and makes the guests feel closer to nature than in any other hotels or lodge. Each room has wonderfully designed bathroom and a viewing deck. View from the deck into the wild canopy of trees can sweep anyone into the wonderland of nature.
The tents are elegantly furnished to provide the guests immense comfort and all the luxury. In-room amenities include air conditioner, private sit-out area, attached bathroom with all essentials and a living room.