Orange County Kabini
Orange County Kabini is among the Top 10 hotels in India (Source: Trip Advisor’s Travellers’ Choice Awards)
Spend a few days amidst nature, soaking in its beauty and magnanimity at the Orange County Kabini. Bordered by the Kabini River on two sides, the resort offers huts and cottages designed to keep the flavour of the place intact. The resort has been designed keeping in mind individuals who want to experience proximity to Nature and her wildlife in its natural habitat. Located close to the Nagarhole National Sanctuary, guests shall have a lot at their disposal to explore in the resort and its surroundings.
The resort has been designed with a theme of the Hadis (tribal villages) of Kadu Kuruba, the tribe whose settlements dominate the area. The huts have been decorated with furniture bearing tribal motifs and the small touches like the bottle gourd lamp shades complete the look of the room. Guests have a plethora of options when it comes to dining out. On premise, restaurants such as the Kuruba Grill, Candlelight Cruise and Honey Comb are there for guests to enjoy sumptuous meals with their friends and family. Guests can have dinner early too while watching the sunset. Non-guests are also allowed to dine at Orange County Kabini, provided they book a table in advance.
- Reading Lounge
- Infinity Pool
- Family Pool
- Well Stocked Bar
- Board Room
- Rejuvenation Therapies at Ayurveda Spa
- Souvenir shop
- Activity Center for kids
- Doctor on call
- Accommodation and cafeteria for guests’ driver
- Multi-cuisine Restaurants
- Boat rides on the Kabini River upstream till the point it separates the Bandipur National Park from the Nagarhole National Park. Along the banks, herds of Asiatic elephants, smooth coated otter, marsh crocodiles and varied species of water birds can be observed.
- Jeep safari through the Nagarhole National Park, where visitors can spot different variants of deer such as Chittal and Sambal as well as carnivores like the wild dog and leopard.
- Bond with the resort elephant, Kaveri. Guests can bathe and feed her and know more about the magnificent elephant from the resident naturalist.
- Coracle rides on the River Kabini are an outdoor attraction. These round boats drift along the river bank, giving those on it a chance to experience the river from close quarters.
- Nature walks through well-mapped trails with a naturalist explaining the various characteristics of the flora and fauna. The trails are along the banks of the Kabini River and continue on to the nearby villages.
- Enjoy a performance by the Kuruba tribal dancers, who jive to the beats of a wind instrument and two drums. A documentary on them is screened in the check in lounge every other evening.
- Those with a spirit of adventure would love to explore the surroundings at night time. Armed only with flashlights, walkers would get to see numerous fascinating insects, moths and lizards.
Offering a special access to a swimming pool, these huts have an attached dining room, living area, bedroom and a bathroom. In-room amenities include mini-bar, TV, hair dryer, Air Conditioner, electric kettle and drinking water. Bathrooms have a shower cubicle and provision for hot water.
Guests opting for these huts can enjoy their own private Jacuzzi. These huts too have dining area, living area and an attached bathroom. Rooms are equipped with electronic gadgets like telephone, television, air conditioner, hair dryer, mini-bar, electric kettle and essential guest supplies.