The Bison Resort
The Bison Resort, Kabini sits between two national parks, Nagarhole and Bandipur, and is a two-hour drive from Mysore.
The only property of its kind not only in the state of Karnataka but the entire country of India, the Bison Resort Kabini, is an eco-tourism lodge in Kabini flaunts the advantage of the best location among all the wildlife resorts of the country. Lying at the convergence point of Nagarahole and Bandipur National Park along the banks of enticing Kabini River, this resort offers a chance to its guests to make the most out of their vacation.
This is a boutique tented camp which allows sightings of tigers, leopards, elephant, sambar, chital, wild dog and many more species of wild animals from the camp area itself owing to its proximity to the Kabini River. A blend of luxury with the hardcore experience of wilderness cannot happen anywhere else better than the Bison Resort Kabini.
Besides the ultimate customer service, the plethora of adventure and fun activities offered by the resort are an icing on the cake!
- Indoor games
- Multi-cuisine restaurant
- Outdoor games
- Swimming Pool
- Massage Center
- Observation Deck and Bar
- Banquet Hall
- Jungle Safari – Experience the jungle with Shaaz Jung, the naturalist at Bison resort, also renowned as Leopard Man of India. His skills on animal spotting and photography are matchless.
- Trekking – There are two options for people desirous of trekking- the Tribal Trek and the Endless Horizons Trek.
- Sunset Boating – Spread far and wide, Kabini is the place where several elephants and crocs arrive to quench their thirst. Watch them surround the water body at sunset while enjoying a boat ride. Besides boating at the time of sunset, guests can choose to do so at any time during the day they wish to.
- Bird Watching – A bird specialist at the resort will help you watch and explore the beautiful birds inhabiting this geography.
- Star Gazing at the banks of Kabini and enjoying the breeze flowing around.
- Photography Lesson – A 30 minutes ride through the most dense areas of the jungle and some immensely useful lessons on photography by an expert.
- Theme Bush Dinner – Choose to dine amidst wilderness of the jungle and beside the calmness of Kabini. Leave all the arrangements to the hotel staff and wait for a lifetime memory.
- Sun Downers – Enjoy a drink or two at a ravishing spot offering fascinating views of the resort surroundings and forest. Arrangements for campfire, chairs, tables and bar will be made by personal staff from the resort.
- Romantic Poolside Dinner – A candlelight dinner can be arranged in a private shack on the poolside.
- Starry Night Boat Ride – A night sky studded with stars, jungle filled with wildness, river filled with serenity and a boatride amidst all this feels like heaven on earth.
- Camping – A camp can be set across the river with provisions of a personal cook, chauffer and security guard so that the guests can experience jungle in its true form.
Luxury Tented Cottages
The lovely tented cottages are festooned up by amazing handpicked artifacts, superb linen, wooden flooring and authentic antique pieces. A unique fact about the tents is that they have been imported straight from Africa. The luxury tents comprise a verandah that extends outdoors and bedroom with an attached bathroom. The bathrooms are equipped with rain showers of a superior quality, toiletries and other essentials. Bedroom has a comfy king sized bed, a writing table, dressing table, arm chairs and long mirrors. The rooms have been classified into Deluxe Luxury Tents and Rustic Machans but both of them have the basic features as mentioned above. Only difference among the two is that Rustic Machan rooms have been set up on an elevated surface and offer pleasing views of backwaters and forest