Wildlife Photography is one of the most fascinating and adventurous jobs. A true nature lover can only go through the painstaking lengths of capturing perfect photos of incredible wildlife scattered throughout the jungle.
As William Shakespeare rightfully said, “One touch of nature makes the whole world kin.” All the people who visit national parks are enraptured by the beauty of natural landscapes and wildlife there. With a touch of technology, photography gives us a great opportunity to capture these wonderful moments and keep them with us for time immemorable. Thus, almost all the national parks of India offer great opportunities to people, especially wildlife photographers to capture these moments. The national parks in India have their own personalised wildlife photography tour which caters to the needs and provides facilities to the wildlife photographers, to take the perfect shot. The following are the most acclaimed and best national parks ideal for wildlife photography tours of India:
Ranthambore National Park:
Every wildlife photographer must take a photography tour in this national park, because it provides the perfect ingredients to a photographer for taking some jaw – dropping shots. The abundant and thriving wildlife coupled with incredible natural beauty, Ranthambore has been a primary place where many photographers have taken some of their most poignant and life changing photographs.
- By far, tiger has been the major attraction for photographers here. With such high density of tiger population, it becomes easy for a photographer to spot them and click their photos. Machli (T-16) alias “Lady of the Lake,” the royal tigress of Ranthambore who passed away on 18th August 2016 used to be the star attraction for photographers here, as she was a camera-friendly tigress and gave some great poses with definitive look.
- Another highlight of the park is the lazing marsh crocodile, which gives some great poses along the mud banks of waterholes here.
- Also, varieties of birds and other animals here, keep the photographers engaged in taking perfect shots.
- April to mid – June is the perfect timing for tiger sighting here. Ranthambore gives a wide range of packages for photography tours which include pre-hotel and safari bookings. Write to us for best offers and deals of these packages
Kanha National Park:
Throbbing with bio-diversity, Kanha National Park with its lush green forest and varied wildlife offers a wonderful opportunity to photographers to capture some of their life’s best shots.
- The star attractions here are Tiger and Hard Ground Barasingha, also known as Jewel of Kanha. It is the dream of any photographer who comes here to capture these vivacious animals in their natural space, hitherto not seen in other parts of India.
- Varieties of birds and animals like Spotted Deer, Barking Deer, Hyenas can also be photographed. Exotic butterflies, insects are also found in plenty here.
- Our team of some of the best professional nature & wildlife photographers will assist and accompany you on your wildlife photography tour at Kanha which one can take in conjunction with the Bandhavgarh National Park.
Bandhavgarh National Park:
Bandhavgarh National Park is one of the most famous national parks in India famous for spotting tigers.
- Here, photography of white tiger is famous. Sita, a tigress which once appeared in the front cover of National Geographic Magazine was the most famous tiger here. Today some of the popular tigers at Bandhavgarh, who are now the descendants of Charger (the dominant male tiger of Bandhavgarh) & Sita are: Bheema, Bamera, Chandini, Kankati, Rajbhera, Dotty Krishna, Sukhipatia and Marchaini. They are more recognized by the territory they control.
- The National Park is also famous for the spotting of Royal Bengal Tiger also. Tiger sightings are very common here.
- The park offers lucrative photography packages to tourists like an exclusive 10 nights and 11 days’ wildlife photography tour.
Tadoba National Park:
Tadoba-Andhari Tiger Reserve is another national park best for tiger sightings. This national park is a holy grail for trailing tigers.
- Apart from Tiger, Leopards, Dholes (wild dogs), Gaurs, Sambar, Nilgai, Sloth Bears can also be photographed in this park.
- Birding Tours: Birds can be also photographed in their full glamour in this park. Crested Serpent Eagles, Crested Hawk Eagles, Thrushes, Racked – Tailed Drongos can be caught in photos in their magnificence
Satpura National Park:
Satpura National Park is rich in bio-diversity and gives a great opportunity to photographers for capturing wildlife. The photographers can spot Tiger, Leopard, Spotted Dear, Indian Bison, Dholes, Malabar Squirrels, Langurs etc., Wildlife Photography Workshop is also conducted in this national park where photographers are given a tour of Satpura. Various concepts and technical details of photography are taught along with the practical application in the lush jungles of Satpura.
Write to us if you need help and guidance in planning your Wildlife Photography tour of India.